UPSC CAPF study plan
Exam Pattern :
|Exams||Subjects||No Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||General Ability and Intelligence||125||250|
|Paper-2||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||6||200|
Negative Marking – 1/3 of the Marks
Official Exam Syllabus :
Paper :1 – General Ability and Intelligence
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following
1. General Mental Ability :
The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical
ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science :
The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and
appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like
Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance:
The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international
importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and
developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy:
The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the
Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India,
regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India :
The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also
include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography:
The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India
and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Total – 200 Marks
Part-A – Essay – Write in Hindi or English
Total 80 Marks.
The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, Precise writing & Grammar Section
Total Marks – 120
The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Questions In Mind : Capf study material Pdf, Assistant commandant books in hindi, Assistant commandant books Pdf
Approach For General Mental Ability :
This Consists Of Reasoning & Mathematics
|Image based |
Tips For General Mental Ability :
- Make This Part Stronger : Candidates who are really want to crack this exam have to make this part their strongest among all. This is because, UPSC just check your basic general logical knowledge in this part. We must attempt and solve maximum Questions of this Part carefully.
- Take Your Time : The Maximum Questions are from G.S Part, So take your time in this section to solve all the questions correctly.
- Prepare The Basics : In this part, questions always arise from the basic reasoning and Maths. So Prepare This part with a basic book.
- Important Topics You Must Practice : Venn diagram, UPSC previous year questions of Maths and reasoning, Assumption- Conclusion, Figure Pattern, Statement- Conclusion, Logical Maths Questions.
- Recommended Books :
Approach For General Science :
Tips For General Science :
- Harder Section : This Part Is Set To be the harder part Comparison to the others. Because UPSC Checks the depth of candidate knowledge in the science. So the questions asked in this part are always a good moderate level. So Answer these questions carefully.
- Understand the Question : Sometimes UPSC asked language or indirect question from this part. so be cautious while reading these question and then answer them carefully.
- Prepare The Basics : In this part, Questions may also arise from the basic General Science. So Prepare This part with a NCERT Science books.
- Important Topics You Must Practice :
Physics : Work & Energy, Force and Pressure, Laws of gravitation, Newton’s Laws, Important Laws, Electric Current, Sound, Friction, Basic Physics Facts
Chemistry : Acids, basic & Salts, Physical & Chemical Change, Metal & Non-Metals, Allo-tropes, Isobars, Elements, Basic Chemistry Facts.
Biology : Cell Structure & Functions, Transportation In Animals & Plants, Control & Coordination, Human Eye, Tissues, Biotechnology, Basic Biology Facts, Examples Of Various Fish, Plants & Scientific Names.
5. Recommended Books :
Approach For Current Affairs/Basic G.K :
- Revise! Revise! Revise! : This part is will decide how a candidate prepare for the exam whole year. This section comprises with whole year Current Affairs.
- Make Your Current Affairs Notes Monthly : Prepare Notes and Revise whole year Current Affairs Monthly wise From Here.
- Important Topics : Events In 2016-17(Awards, Prize, Books & Authors, Human Rights, Important Conference, Games, International Relations, Govt Schemes, Important Persons, Sports, Major Events).
- Recommended Books & Magazines :
Approach For Indian Polity & Economics :
Approach For Indian Polity –
- Only One Solution : We recommends Only One thing that is M. Laxmikant which you can download below↓.
- Focus On : Directly We Recommends focus on Important Articles Related to Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Powers Of Governor, President, Prime Minister, C.M, Chief Justice Of India, Supreme Court, High Court, Emergency and History Of Constitution Making.
- Recommended Books :
Approach For Economics :
- Focus On : Basics of Economics, Foreign Direct Investment(FDI), Surveys Related To Indian Economy, Famous terms and who coined them ?, Industry In India.
- Making Short Notes : We recommends to make short notes of Indian economy of topics given in first point.
- Less Weight-age : This section is asked very less in Upsc Capf exam and the questions asked in the economics are mainly basics of the Economy. So go for the basics and make notes from Ramesh singh.
- Recommended Books :
Approach For History :
- Very Important Part : History is the most important part of this examination because it will create the difference between a topper and a common candidate. So, Prepare for this part very effectively and make your doubt clear mainly in Modern History.
- Basics For Ancient & Medieval History : Go for Basics In ancient and medieval History, So Make Short Notes Or Either Recommend One Liner General Knowledge By Kiran Publications.
- High Weight-age Part : In the last 3 Years of UPSC Capf Exam, this part is asked of about 20 questions and mainly asked from modern history.
- Focus On : Harappa Civilization, Vedas, Literature, Jainism-Buddhism, Books In Ancient History, Systems Introduced By Mughals, Books, literature and Music In Medieval History, Wars, Famous Novels Of Medieval and Modern History, Important Movements In Details Like(Salt Satyagrah, Champaran, Home Rule Movement, Non Cooperation Movement, Quit India Movement), Indian National Congress, Founders and Dynasty.
- Recommended Books :
Approach For Geography :
- Read & Revise Proper Notes : This is the only method which helps you to do best in geography.
- Important Topics : Time Zones, Layers Of Atmosphere, Sea Salinity, Earth Inner Part, Rivers, Straits, Lakes, Important boundaries, Forests, Soils, Crops, Industry, Capitals & City Near coast, Area, Equator, Tropic Of Capricorn, Tropic of Cancer, Minerals, Solar System, Natural Calamity etc
- Basic To Upper Level : Aspirants have to start with the basics and then read/revise the upper parts of geography.
- Recommended Books :
Approach For Defence(Important Section) :
- Make Short Notes : Aspirants have to make short notes on their behalf because this is important part for weightage but also its cover topics are less.
- Focus On : Operations & Military Exercises Of India and Other Countries, Indian Army Regiments, Various Institute and centers of Indian Armed forces and defence forces, Person in News with details in defence.
- We Recommends Our Printed Notes On Defence In Printed Notes Section.
Part – 8. Approach To Write An Essay & Paper – 2
Questions In Mind – Capf essay topics, Capf essay book, Capf report writing, Capf precis writing.
- Read Toppers Essay Pattern to learn how can an essay becomes Effective ?
2. Essay should be Effective and cover up in given word limit On time because you will be given only 3 hours for it where you have to do 4 essays, 2 Arguments, 2 Reports, 1 Precise Writing, 1 Passage and Grammar section.
3. Topics of Essay will be related to 2016-17 Latest topics or major problem, crisis or any appreciation scheme or project of govt of India.
4. For Arguments, Report and precise writing, You have to prepare by writing Daily 1 to 1:30 Hours.
5. For Grammar section, We Recommend this Grammar Book. That Is Enough!
6. Focus On : Proverb, Active & Passive Form, Direct & Indirect Speech, Tense, Question Tags, Change the sentence, Plural Form & Make Sentence.
Cut-Offs Of CAPF AC :
Paper – I Cut-Offs
Total – 250 Marks
Paper I+II Cut-Offs
Total – 450 Marks
* For 2009 & 2010, Paper – I+II – Total 400 Marks
2011 – 2017 – Total 450 Marks
* Subject to a minimum of 25% (50 marks ) in Paper-II
** Subject to minimum of 20% (40 marks) in Paper-II
Exs – Ex serviceman
Final Marks (Out Of 600)
Last 21 Things To Do Before UPSC CAPF Exam :
- Start Your Revision Before 1 Month Of the Exam
- Revise the Most Important Topics Again & Again till exam.
- Give Weekly Test Series at Home From Here.
- Concentrate On Paper-2 by giving 1 hour Daily.
- Make Yourself More Better to write an essay.
- Revise Minimum 3 Times Of Important Yearly Current Affairs before exam week.
- Clear Your Doubts In Polity & Basic Economics.
- Do Work On General Mental Ability.
- Attempt M.Laxmikant Polity Objective Types Questions to improve Polity.
- Read Modern History Mentioned Topics In Details(Very Important)
- Read Newspaper Daily to Make your tongue used to with English from Here.
- Make Yourself prepare for interview and make your mind open to store a good variety of ideas to be asked in this exam.
- Try To Prepare ideally, start with the subject which is your favorite.
- Don’t Waste your Time In unnecessary Topics and subjects.
- Please Concentrate on Cut off marks, You have to attempt minimum 60-65 Questions Correctly out of 125.
- Focus the Negative Marking, Don’t give a guess in the exam.
- Give Importance to defence part which is coming more in these years.
- In the Last 1 Month Of Exam, Make the peace environment.
- Don’t leave any part in paper-2, Attempt Each & Every Question.
- General Science is sometimes a threat because it comes sometimes very deep or technical so go for the basics.
- Last but not the least, If you really want to get this Gazette Post, Never Give Up.
Questions In Mind : We have Provided all answers related to all mentioned questions in this article.
- capf ac study plan
- study plan for cpf ac
- upsc ac study plan